Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions? We have answers.
Do you have any recommendations for domain registration?
Like with hosting, you can register your domain with Siteground very easily. We also have no problem with GoDaddy for domain registration. BUT, by far our favorite domain registrar is Moniker. They are super secure and sometimes that makes it more difficult to register a domain, but their prices are cheaper by a few dollars per domain because they put their money in security, not advertising.
Do you have any recommendations for website hosting?
We use enterprise cloud hosting from Siteground. It's expensive for us but if you want to host your site through us it's less than half the cost for the same amount of awesomeness. If you want to go with a shared hosting plan, we recommend the "GrowBig" plan with Siteground. If you'd like to host through us with blazing fast cloud hosting contact us. We don't recommend hosting with any of the bigger contenders who's names rhyme with "SnowCaddy", "PostMator", or "FluPost" as they are usually more trouble than they are worth.
How do your content plans work?
Do you offer responsive design and browser testing?
Do you offer social media management?
Do you offer paid search (Google Ads, Etc...)?
An SEO company sent me an email saying my website needs help. Should I contact them?
Nope. Just like insurance companies, most SEO companies are crooks who will deplete your budget and then leave you with nothing to show for it. Any company that specializes in only SEO is a often a scam and is operating on the fringes of Google's rules. This will leave you in a jam when Google tightens its fists and restricts more "grey hat" practices. SEO has to be paired with good development and design as your website is judged by Google in its totality. Just assume anyone who contacts you out of the blue about these things doesn't have your best interest at heart. If you need a recommendation for a reputable SEO that understands the entire landscape, contact us. If we can't help you we'll recommend someone who does good work and won't rip you off.
Price & Payment FAQs
Will you bid on my project?
Why was the price in my estimate different than what's on my contract or invoice?
How much do you charge hourly?
Do you offer payment plans?
New Website FAQs
How long does it take to build a new website?
How much does a new website cost?
That's impossible to say without knowing all of the parameters of your project. We've built websites for as little as $1,200.00 and as much as $30,000.00. Every website is different and there is a lot that goes into deciding what works best for any particular client. Contact Us and together we can figure out what you need and go from there.
Do you have any best practices for preparing for a new website build?
We sure do! Take a look at the following list:
- Make sure you have just one (1) point person on your team who is able to relay the needs of the website build to us and is able to make quick executive decisions. Too many chefs in the kitchen means the food comes out too salty every time.
- Share files with either Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Utilize the awesome power of Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Be realistic and listen to your developer/designer but also, be bold and be fearless. We're going to be honest with you about what is and is not possible.
- Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither will your website. We'll stick to the schedule. Certain parts of a website build don't produce visible results right away as they are based on framework and not design.
- Follow and obey the law. Our contract releases us from liability from copyright and privacy violations so if you don't follow local, national, and international laws, the consequences will land squarely on you. We know that nobody likes clicking "Accept Cookies," but if you're serving cookies (which you will most likely be doing), you need to be upfront about it.
- Be on time with content requests. There's nothing worse than a project exceeding a deadline by months. When you're on time, we're on time.
- There is no fight club.
Not seeing the answer to your question here?